Last Updated: June 19, 2023
Acceptance of Terms of Service
By accessing and/or using the juneparksphd.com site (the “Site”), you agree to the terms contained and referred to in these Terms of Service (these “Terms”). The Site is provided by June Parks, Ph.D. (collectively, “June Parks, Ph.D.”, “we,” “us” or “our”).
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to amend these Terms at any time by posting the amended Terms to the Site. We may or may not provide other notice to you of such amended Terms, and it is your responsibility to refer back frequently to become aware of and understand the same. Your continued access to and use of the Site, after such amendments are posted, will constitute your consent to such amendments. These Terms may not be amended by you.
You represent that you are at least 18 years of age, and are of the age of legal majority in your state or country of residence. You represent that you have the legal authority to form binding contracts under applicable law on behalf of yourself and, if applicable, Your Company.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and other obligations that may apply to your use of the Site. In connection with your use of the Site, you may not and you agree that you will not:
- violate any local, state, provincial, national, or other law or regulation, or any order of a court;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Site;
- use the Site for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- copy, store, or otherwise access any information contained on the Site for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- interfere with or damage the Site, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
- use the Site to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others (without their permission), personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
- use the Site in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email (“spam”) or advertisements unrelated to the Site;
- “stalk” or harass any other user of the Site, or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site;
- post, upload, publish, submit, or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates, or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
Disclosure of Information
We may access, preserve and disclose any of your information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to (i) respond to claims asserted against us or to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas or warrants), (ii) enforce or administer our agreements third parties, (iii) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development, and de-bugging purposes, or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, or members of the public. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Site, but have the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Site (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with these Terms, to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body, to respond to content that we determine is otherwise objectionable or as set forth in these Terms. We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any content that we, at our sole discretion, consider to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Site, Application or Services.
The Site is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, including all associated intellectual property rights, is the exclusive property of June Parks, Ph.D. and our licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site or any content contained therein.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by us of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Proprietary Rights Notices
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations of June Parks, Ph.D. used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of ours. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF THE COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; AND
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATION, SERVICES OR CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between June Parks, Ph.D. and you regarding the Site, and these Terms and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between us and you regarding the foregoing.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. We may assign or transfer these Terms, at our sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given by us by posting to the Site.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and the United States of America, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state or federal court located in Chicago, Illinois for any action, suit, or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms.
The failure of June Parks, Ph.D. to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of ours. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect